Wednesday, December 15, 2010
How to make;
1. Paint your childs thumb white with acrylic paint and press onto plastic ornament to make snowman.
2. When paint is dry take sharpie pens and draw eyes,hat,buttons,arms,nose and scarf.
3. paint the rest of ornament with gloss Modge Podge and then sprinkle a very fine white glitter all over for snow effect.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
How to make:
1. 2 Cups Flour
2. 1 Cup of salt
3. 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
4. 1 Tb Cooking oil
5. 2 Cups colored water
6. 4 Tb of Peppermint Extract
Mix all ingredients together in pan and cook slowly on medium-high heat and stir until play dough thickens.
Friday, December 3, 2010
1. Tear up several pieces of green construction paper.
2. Tear up small amount of brown construction paper.
3. On a plain piece of card stock(color of your choice)draw a triangle shape with glue and cover with green pieces of construction paper.
4. Draw the trunk of tree with glue and cover with brown construction paper.
5. Crumble small pieces of tissue paper (red,purple,yellow and blue)and glue onto the tree.
6. Glue 3 pieces of yellow on top of tree for the star.
Friday, November 19, 2010
1. First I had the kids paint a sheet of painting paper with do a dot markers in different colors.
2. I printed a turkey template on brown card stock and then cut out the turkey.
3. Glue the turkey on the painted paper.
4. Cut the painted paper into leaf shapes surrounding turkey.
5. Glue onto a jumbo craft stick.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Today we made these corn crafts and the children really enjoyed this activity.
How to make:
1. Cut 2 green leaves out of construction paper for each corn craft.
2. Cut 1 yellow corn shape out of construction paper.
3. I crumbled up several pieces of tissue paper(yellow,red,and orange).
4. Glue the 2 leaves together and glue the corn in the center of leaves,then attach to a jumbo craft stick with glue.
5. Glue the different colors of tissue paper to the corn.
6. Fold over the leaves at the bottom and glue.
Monday, November 8, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
I found this idea on Multiples and More
1. 1 teaspoon of borax powder
2. 1 1/2 cups of water (divided 1 cup and 1/2 cup)
3. 4oz of elmers glue
4. Food coloring of your choice
How to make:
1. Add 1 tsp of borax to 1 cup of water. Let dissolve and set aside.
2. In separate bowl mix 4oz of glue with 1/2 cup of water.
3. Add food coloring to glue mixture.
4. Add dissolved borax mixture to glue mixture and stir.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
How To Make:
1.Cut an uppercase E out of gray foam.
2.Cut out 1 gray ear and 1 pink. The pink should be smaller and glued in the center of the gray ear. glue ear onto the upper left corner of E.
3.Cut out gray trunk and glue onto the middle of E.
4.Cut a white tusk and glue onto the middle of E.
5.Glue on a googly eye.
Please link up your Letter Ee with the linky provided below
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
How To Make:
1. Paint hand black except for thumb.
2. Make a handprint on white paper and then turn paper around and make another making sure that palms overlap.
3. Glue on googly eyes when paint is dry.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
How to make
1. Cut a yellow uppercase D out of craft foam paper.
2. Cut two orange star shapes for the feet and glue on the bottom of letter D.
3. Cut a yellow circle for the head and shaped it into an egg shape,glue onto the top of letter D.
4. Cut a orange heart shape for the mouth.
5. Glue a googly eye on.
6. I made the wing out of a cookie leaf cutter.
Please link up your Letter Dd with the linky provided below
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Ok these were super simple and so much fun to do.
1. Trace each child's hand's down to elbow on brown construction paper and cut out.
2. Glue onto white construction paper.
3. Paint leaves on with fingertips using orange,red, and yellow paint.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
This a great numbers activity, it includes numbers 1-10 and can be found here at Confessions of a Homeschooler.
I laminated the sheets and used magnetic pom poms for the squares,I also used different colored glass rocks.Other ideas would be beans,m&ms, marshmallows,cheerios,etc,etc.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
How to make Letter "C" Caterpillar
1. Cut an uppercase C from a green foam sheet.
2. Cut 2" circles in different colors (about 8 or 9).
3. Glue circles around letter c.
4. Poke a 5" pipe cleaner in color of choice in 1st circle for the antennae.
5. Glue googly eyes on.
6. Draw nose and mouth on with a black sharpie.
Please link up your Letter Cc with the linky provided below